Dr. Lambrou is committed to providing an environment of caring, respect, and carefully tailored treatment. His focus is to deliver goal-oriented, solution-focused treatment with the highest quality of professional care within the briefest time-frame possible.
In addition, Dr. Lambrou has been involved in research in various areas of his specialty. He conducted a clinical experiment involving Energy Psychology applied to claustrophobia. To learn more about that published study click here.
Dr. Lambrou is an accomplished speaker, presenter, and workshop leader. He has been an invited speaker and presenter at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine 13th Annual Symposium, the International Congress of Aesthetic Medicine in Ixtapa, Mexico; the 2nd Annual International Energy Psychology Conference; the International Forum for New Science; The Ken Blanchard Companies, The Anthony Robbins Companies, Apple Computers, American Airlines, and many other organizations.
Having been a clinical instructor for the San Diego University for Integrative Studies, the University of California at San Diego Extension, and other learning institutions, Dr. Lambrou blends experiential learning, case studies, and dynamic lectures and presentations to make the learning experience robust and fun.
Clinical Areas of Expertise
Dr. Lambrou specializes in treatment of Anxiety and Stress-related conditions including:
- Phobias & Fears
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Work Stress
- Test-taking & other performance anxieties
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Weight Loss
Brief/focused interventions; cognitive-behavioral therapy;
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR);
Energy Psychology Methods: Emotional Self-Management (ESM), Thought Field Therapy (TFT), and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
Professional Qualifications & Affiliations
- Clinical Psychologist, CA License #PSY14435
- Certified Medical Hypnotherapy by the American Psychotherapy and Medical Hypnosis Association
- Clinical Member and Past President – American Psychotherapy and Medical Hypnosis Association
- Psychology Staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital – La Jolla and Chairman of the Task Force for Psychology and Integrative Medicine.
- Clinical Member – American Psychological Society
- Diplomate – International Academy of Behavioral Medicine, Counseling, and Psychotherapy
- Clinical Member – San Diego Psychological Association
- Clinical Member – San Diego Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Frequently asked Questions
How long is a treatment session?
Generally, sessions are arranged in 50-minute increments. For hypnosis and other procedures it is often advisable to arrange for a 100-minute (double) session where more extensive work can be accomplished. Time frames can be arranged to accommodate other special needs or situations.
Is insurance accepted?
Dr. Lambrou has elected not to be on managed care panels so that flexibility for the very best treatment options remain available to his patients. Insurance reimbursements may be available if your plan allows you to select a licensed health-care provider of your choice. You may inquire of your insurance company to see if you have an ‘out of network’ option to your policy that allows you the flexibility to select your own provider from the professional community at large.